I’ve refurbished the camshaft caps today, E1 to E6 and I1 to I6, meaning Exhaust cap 1-6 and Intake cap 1-6 respectively.
I’ve finally finished painting my rocker covers, not before cleaning them on the inside of all the oil deposits and gunk.
Changed the air filter and fuel filter today.. both looked like crap, as you can see.
I’ve installed a custom 3-inch stainless-steel (it’s dirty) turbo-back exhaust to increase flow and reduce back-pressure.
It follows the same path as the stock exhaust, it’s just bigger and has no resonator, cat and mufflers.
It does indeed feel as if it has better boost response; as for power, it might have gained a few ponies, but without a dyno test, I’m just guessing.
I’ve got my clutch changed a few days ago, finally I can hit the gas..
Now I was able to do a relevant 0 – 100 km/h test run; took 8 seconds BUT with winter tires, spinning all throughout 1st gear, with another person with me in the car and crappy launch. So I guess if conditions were ideal, it would have taken 7 seconds to get to 100 km/h, meaning the engine is in great condition.
Well, she got her first oil & filter change, finally.
MOTUL 15W50 300V.
Engine feels more happy.
I changed the hood, the front bumper, painted them in the color of the car and did some minor adjustments to the front side so everything looks relatively ok, I just need to adjust those funky headlights.
I took some pictures of places that are prone to rust; looks promising and/or fixable.