Changed the air filter and fuel filter today.. both looked like crap, as you can see.
I’ve installed a custom 3-inch stainless-steel (it’s dirty) turbo-back exhaust to increase flow and reduce back-pressure.
It follows the same path as the stock exhaust, it’s just bigger and has no resonator, cat and mufflers.
It does indeed feel as if it has better boost response; as for power, it might have gained a few ponies, but without a dyno test, I’m just guessing.
I’ve got my clutch changed a few days ago, finally I can hit the gas..
Now I was able to do a relevant 0 – 100 km/h test run; took 8 seconds BUT with winter tires, spinning all throughout 1st gear, with another person with me in the car and crappy launch. So I guess if conditions were ideal, it would have taken 7 seconds to get to 100 km/h, meaning the engine is in great condition.
Well, she got her first oil & filter change, finally.
MOTUL 15W50 300V.
Engine feels more happy.
I changed the hood, the front bumper, painted them in the color of the car and did some minor adjustments to the front side so everything looks relatively ok, I just need to adjust those funky headlights.
I took some pictures of places that are prone to rust; looks promising and/or fixable.
Well, the car finally arrived, after more than a year of hard work and money saving.
It’s just as I wanted it to be, ’91 model, CA18DET, ~110.000 miles / 174.000 km. Runs nice, almost no rust, the hood needs to be fixed (obviously) – it hit a deer – and also needs an oil change and a new clutch kit, it slips when I rev it harder.
With the car I also got a spare engine, spare gearbox, front / rear bumpers, AC compressor, ABS pump, passenger-side front fender, driveshaft, a set of tail lights and 4 more rims, plus some more misc parts.
Overall, for the price, I am very satisfied.